In Haiti

6 ladies were in Haiti for 2 weeks. We were helping and giving at orphanages and for building projects. Be a part of this and pray and/or give!!

Wed Aug 24 2011 on our way to Haiti

Well, it’s been a ride to say the least!
Our drive from Dawson Creek to Edmonton was such a blast, we giggled and bonded the whole time J I was in such a deep conversation with Melanie, when we got to the part of the road that says, ‘no thru road’! I looked around and was so confused because we had missed Karen’s house by so many miles. Hahaha!
We had the challenge of a red-eye flight, One of my team members paid to upgrade my seat to first class so I could get some sleep, what a blessing! They bring you a warm cloth in the morning and everything!! We had a 5 hour layover and many of us took some melatonin and slept for most of that time. You should have seen us before our naps, trying to eat breakfast! Giggles all around!! I actually wondered at one point when I wasn’t hysterically giggling if we might get thrown out! Funny what lack of sleep does to some :)
We got through customs with no problems, had no extra charge for our bags and all made it to the connecting flights! We are especially thankful to God that Taryn made it, with only 20 mins to catch up with us in Miami! She was sure ‘glowing’ from running through the airport shoeless!
One very possibly eventful flight was between Miami and Haiti. The pilot was explaining how we need to pay attention to the emergency procedures because of the heightened level of possible danger. Or something to that effect, that made us all suddenly wake up! Then, when we were in the air, he mentions on the intercom to take a look out the left side of the airplane windows, as we will be flying over the hurricane Irene!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!
We are thankful to the Lord for His protection and provision during our entire trip. He is so good to us.
On a personal note, as the trip wore on, I found myself growing too tired to think things through clearly, and feeling the responsibility of these independent ladies weighing on my shoulders, it was often  fairly overwhelming.  And I have to say, my response was not the most gracious. I am so thankful to God for His patience and grace, and that these girls did not hold these things against me.
After a day of rest, I realized how much that trip took out of me, when the girls started to say things like, “welcome back!” and “it’s good to have you back with us” even though I never left :P
God has given me the distinct privilege of leading a Bible study with our group. IT has been humbling to say the least. Especially when I know how culture shock has played a part in making me a bit over sensitive. I thank God for His faithfulness and kindness. He is so patient with me, continuing to teach me to lean on Him.
God bless you all and continue to pray for us over here, where there is just so much obvious need that it so easily overwhelms and causes confusion. Pray that we would all learn to lean on God and trust Him with all our thoughts and feelings.
With love, Christine Mann
PS, I will try to post a little daily to catch you up :)

Interested in keeping up with our trip? Subscribe or Follow by Email. Links located under this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment