In Haiti

6 ladies were in Haiti for 2 weeks. We were helping and giving at orphanages and for building projects. Be a part of this and pray and/or give!!

Karen Ratzlaff's Testimony


Hi, I am 33 years old and I have been married for 13 years.  We don't have any children, but Ryan and I are on a waiting list for adopting from Alberta, as I am not able to have children.  Children have always been a part of my life, so working with them in this capacity is so neat for me.  I like the thought of serving others that really need the help and showing God's love to others.

I grew up in a Christian family.  When I was 4, in a childlike way, I knew that Jesus died for my sins and I wanted His salvation.  The older I got, the more I understood what Jesus did for my life and others.  This led to my interest in missions and what it meant to tell others about God's amazing grace.  Growing up in a church that was missions minded, and parents encouraging it, led me to learn what it is to share God's love.

In high school, I went on 2 Teen Missions International trips, thinking that I would eventually live in the mission field full-time.  In Bible school, God had another plan!  I met my husband, Ryan, there.  We have gone through many difficulties in our marriage, but the one that has taught me a lot about who God is, is the area of infertility.  I have cried many tears and asked "why" more times than I can count.  I so want to be a mother, but so far God has not given me that privilege.  He is gracious to me.  He has given me His peace and is healing a deep hurt.  He is showing me a life with Him as my all.  I am learning to be content with what He has given me.

What God has given me is a heart for missions and being able to support friends who go out.  I many not be able to go, but I can be behind someone who can.  I still get the urge to go into missions more.  I many not be able to always go, but God has been showing me more and more what I can do.  This opportunity at this time in my life is definitely from God.  This trip is coming up at a time that I am able to go is so exciting for me.  I can't wait to have this opportunity to serve others, who really need Him!  I can't wait to see what God's going to do in Haiti, me and my teammates lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment